Born: June 28th, 1937 in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Over an 11-year span, George Knudson won eight PGA Tour tournaments. Knudson was also a five-time PGA Championship of Canada winner, taking the title in 1964, 1967, 1968, 1976 and 1977. He was low Canadian five times at the Canadian Open and won the World Cup with teammate Al Balding in 1968.
His book (which he wrote with Lorne Rubenstein) The Natural Golf Swing is often regarded as one of the best golf fundamental books of all time.
George was inducted into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame in 1988 and was made a member of the Order of Canada the same year.
- Manitoba Open 1958, 1959 & 1960
- Ontario Open 1960, 1961, 1971, 1976 & 1978
- Canadian Open Rivermead Cup (Low Canadian) 1963, 1970, 1972, 1975 & 1977
- PGA of Canada 1964, 1967, 1968, 1976 & 1977
- USPGA Tour: Coral Gables 1961, Portland Open 1963, Fresno Open 1964, New Orleans Open 1968, Phoenix Open 1969, Tucson Open 1968 and Robinson/Kaiser Open 1972
- Order of Canada 1988
Hall of Fame Induction History:
- Canadian Sports Hall of Fame 1969
- Canadian Golf Hall of Fame 1986
- Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame 1988
- Ontario Sports Hall of Fame 1996
- Ontario Golf Hall of Fame 2000
- Manitoba Golf Hall of Fame 2003
- PGA of Canada Hall of Fame 2014
- PGA of Ontario Hall of Fame 2020
Source: PGA of Canada Hall of Fame / Golf Ontario Hall of Fame /Canadian Golf Hall of Fame