Gord McInnis Sr.
Born: December 14th, 1919 in Fonthill, Ontario
Joined the Professional staff at the Lookout Point Country Club in Fonthill in 1938; after serving in the RCAF from 1940-45 he was appointed Head Professional, a position he held until 1993.
Set Lookout Point CC course record of 65, a feat he would repeat on seven occasions.
A renowned and respected golf instructor, Mr. McInnis was a mentor to Canadian golfing greats Marlene Stewart-Streit, Cathy Sherk and Moe Norman.
- Honoured by the CPGA of Ontario for his contribution to golf in 1977.
- Honoured by the OGA for his contribution to golf in 1973.
- Ontario Senior/Junior PGA Champion (1978, 1988)
- Received CPGA Teaching Award in 1993.
Reflecting on Mrs. Streit's and Mrs. Sherk's U.S. Amateur victories, Gordon conceded, "to have (my) picture taken with the two of them with the same trophy is one of the pride and joys that I have."
- Established the course record at Fonthill G.C. at 65, and tied it 7 more times
- Winner of the OGA Contributions to Golf Award 1973, the PGA of Ontario Contributions to Golf Award 1977 and the PGA of Canada Teacher of the Year 1991
Served as Head Professional:
- Fonthill G.C.
Hall of Fame Induction History:
- Ontario Golf Hall of Fame 2001
- PGA of Canada Hall of Fame 2016
- PGA of Ontario Hall of Fame 2020
Source: Golf Ontario Hall of Fame