Head Golf Professional
The Oaks Golf Club is a privately owned private 18-hole facility founded in 1993 located just outside southwest London, Ontario. For years friends and family have enjoyed playing on our Rene Muylaert designed course. Families have connected over incredible social gathering in our welcoming clubhouse.
- The Oaks Golf & Country Club
- Course Website
- Job Summary
- An integral member of the senior management team reporting to the club President and the General Manager. The Club Professional will lead and manage the golf operations. The successful applicant will be personable and passionate about developing a team that aspires to provide an exceptional member/guest experience. Strong leadership, excellent communication skills; along with a commitment to teaching the game are essential to success. Click here to view full job posting.
• Lead in the recruitment, training, and management of all golf operations staff.
• Detail oriented with a focus on completing tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Efficiently direct and organize all golf activities, including member events/tournaments, practice facility oversite, golf course access, back shop and cart operations.
• Proficient instructor well versed in the latest club fitting and teaching technologies.
• Proven leadership, management and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with the management team.
• Develop and promote comprehensive golf instructional program and Junior golf program.
• Ability to implement, enforce and maintain all policies, programs, and plans as established by The Oaks Golf Club President and General Manager.
• Attend and participate in all necessary Department Head and Committee meetings.
• Provide support for prospective member sales, new member integration and membership retention programs.
• Maintain a well respected and professional image within the club, the industry and the community.
• Strong skills to efficiently manage the golf retail operation, including purchasing, receiving, merchandising, inventory control, promotion, and sales.
• Prepare annual budget, and regular statements for the golf operation.
• Administer retail POS system, tee time booking software, tournament scoring software and handicapping software.
• Class A Golf Professional Member of the PGA of Canada or equivalent in good standing.
• Has a proven track record as a Head Golf Professional or Assoc. Golf Professional at a golf club with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Ability to work in a team structure in a high paced environment.
• Possess strong computer and organizational skills.
• Ability to tactfully enforce and manage the golf guidelines at the club.
- The Oaks offers an attractive compensation package, commensurate with the experience and quality of the successful candidate.
- To be discussed
- Contact Information
Qualified applicants are invited to e-mail their detailed resume and credentials in strict confidence to John Schidowka, General Manager, email@example.com. Attention: selection committee.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Oaks Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.