Class A Professional of the Year
The PGA of Ontario Class “A” Professional of the Year Award is the highest honour the Association can bestow on a working Class “A” Professional at a golf course whose total contributions to the game best exemplify the PGA of Ontario Class “A” Professional. This award embraces a wide range of services executed by the club professional.
CLASS “A” PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership.
- Demonstration of outstanding customer service.
- Well-regarded as a role model to other PGA of Ontario Class “A” Professional working at golf courses.
- Class “A” Professional working in a pro shop at golf course – must start year in category.
CLASS “A” PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Overall performance as a Class “A” Professional at a golf course.
- Service to the Zone and the Association.
- Leadership ability.
- Image and ability to inspire fellow Golf Professionals.
- Promotion and growth of the game of golf.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on the Class “A” Professional’s entire past experience and commitment for continuing one’s contributions and assistance.
- Achievements during the past three years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria.
3. Eligible Categories
- All Class “A” Members in good standing excluding the following: Executive Professional, Head Professional, Head Teaching Professional, Life Professional, Master Professional, Retired Professional, Teaching Professional, Past Presidents of the PGA of Canada (within the past 5 years), current PGA of Ontario Board of Directors, PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario staff.
- In order to win a National Award, the individual member must successfully complete a criminal record check with BackCheck. After successfully completing the check, the cost will be reimbursed to the member.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020