Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Senior Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Cambridge Golf Club
- Start Date
- July 29, 2019
- End Date
- July 30, 2019
- Registration Deadline
- July 22, 2019
- # Registered
- 42 / 100
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing who have reached their 50th birthday on or before the first day of the championship.
- SENIORS CHAMPIONSHIP 50+ (MONDAY & TUESDAY) – have reached their 50th birthday by July 29, 2019. This division will b broken by age into a 50-59 division, 60-69 division and a 70+ division.
- SIXTY PLUS (ONE DAY - TUESDAY) – have reached their 60th birthday by July 30, 2019.This division will be broken by age into a 60-69 division and a 70+ division.
Note: If there are less than four entrants for the any of the Senior Divisions by the entry deadline, this competition will not be conducted.
The championship field for 2019 will be comprised of 100 players.
PRIZE MONEY – TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Monday, July 22, 2019, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge
Senior Championship $225.00 + HST
Sixty Plus (one day) $140.00 + HST
(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
Monday, July 29, 2019 Round 1 - Tee Times 10:00 am
Tuesday, July 30, 2019 Round 2 - Tee Times 10:00 am
A tie for the Championship will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
- The use of caddies is not compulsory
- Pull carts including those motorized are permitted.
- Caddies must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code, a copy of which is available on the championship website.
- Caddies must wear flat-soled shoes. Violation of this condition may result in DISQUALIFICATION of the competitor.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Registration is closed.