Playing Ability Tests
Looking to Join the PGA of Canada?
Prospective members must meet the following entrance requirements:
- be 18 years old
- have a highschool diploma
- Currently work in the golf industry
- be able to pass a Playing Ability Test*
What is the Playing Ability Test process with the PGA of Ontario?
- Meet the entrance requirements
- Register with the PGA of Canada - $254.25 ($225.00 + HST)
- Pay the PGA of Ontario Zone Fee $282.50 (250 + HST) will be sent by email after step two has been completed
- Enter a PGA of Ontario Playing Ability Test $169.50 ($150.00 + HST) forms will be emailed after step three has been completed
What is the Target Score?
Exit PAT Target Score is two (2) times the course rating plus 15 strokes.
Entrance PAT Target Score is two (2) times the course rating plus 20 strokes.
PGA of Ontario 2019 Playing Ability Tests
1. May 24 – PGA of Ontario – Fanshawe Golf Course (Traditional Course)
2. June 13 - Formal Zone Playing Ability Test - Cambridge Golf Club
3. July 9 – PGA of Ontario – Rebel Creek Golf Club
4. August 26 – PGA of Ontario – Listowel Golf Club (Vintage/Heritage)
5. September 16 – PGA of Ontario – Ladies Golf Club of Toronto
Am I eligible for an Exemption?
In recognition of demonstrated playing ability, an applicant will be awarded an exemption from the Playing Ability Test requirement based on the following criteria:
- Documented qualifying PAT score from a foreign PGA within the past six years that meets the current PGA of Canada Playing Ability Test standard
- Shooting a 36 hole score in a recognized tour event within the past six years that meets the current PGA of Canada Playing Ability Test standard (incl. Women's PGA Championship of Canada)
- Past PGA of Canada National Champions, Past Scores from Recognizable Events such as high-level Amateur, Professional, College and/or University events within the past six years.
To apply please forward links to your scores to email@example.com.
Please note: events must be at least two rounds in length, a rules official present, and we require the course rating for the event/tees played. The Membership Committee will review and determine whether or not a PAT Exemption would be granted or not.
If you have any questions, contact Darcy Kral, Managing Director of Membership, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.782.5764 ext.224
The full 2019 Playing Ability Test schedule can be found here