Playing Ability Tests
Looking to Join the PGA of Canada?
Prospective members must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Be 18 years old
- Minimum high school diploma
- Currently working in the golf industry to be verified by your employer, and work a minimum of 400 hours per year
- Two reference letters, one from your employer and one from a PGA of Canada Class "A" Member
- Be able to Pass a Playing Ability Test
- Complete the police check with Sterling BackCheck Online
What is the Playing Ability Test process?
- Meet the entrance requirements
- Register with the PGA of Canada to become an applicant - $367.25 ($325.00 + HST) includes your first Playing Ability Test Attempt
- All additional Playing Ability Test are $169.50 (150.00 + HST)
- Playing Ability Test Schedule
PGA of Ontario Zone PAT Schedule
- TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley - Playing Ability Test - June 15, 2021
- Mill Run Playing Ability Test - July 19, 2021
- Lowville Playing Ability Test - August 19, 2021
- Dalewood Playing Ability Test - August 23, 2021
- Woodington Lake Playing Ability Test - October 5, 2021
What is the Target Score?
Male < 49 years old – course rating plus 9
Male > 50 years old – course rating plus 11
Female < 49 years old – course rating plus 13
Female > 50 years old – course rating plus 15
Am I eligible for an Exemption?
In recognition of demonstrated playing ability, an applicant will be awarded an exemption from the Playing Ability Test requirement based on the following criteria:
- Must be a stroke play event with rules officials present
- Score meets the PAT standard of 9 over the course rating for men and 13 over the course rating for women
- Scores from an event within the past two years (2019 & 2020) run by one of the following:
Golf Canada and it’s provincial associations, NCAA, PGA Tour, Mackenzie PGA Tour Canada, Korn Ferry Tour, Asian Tour, European Tour, PGA Tour Australasia, Sunshine Tour, Challenge Tour, Champions Tour, European Seniors Tour, Korean Tour, LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, Ladies European Tour, LPGA of Japan, Australian (ALPG) Tour, Korean LPGA Tour (KLPGA), PGA of Canada National Championships, PAT run by a PGA of Canada Zone and a PAT run by recognized foreign PGA's.
To apply please complete the online form.
If you have any questions, contact Darcy Kral, Managing Director of Membership, by email email@example.com or by phone at 1.800.782.5764 ext.224