Assistant Professional/Candidate for Membership
Essex Golf Club is a private, 18-hole facility with history dating back to 1902. The course was designed by the legendary Donald Ross and has hosted many professional and amateur championships. The club takes pride in maintaining traditional values while striving to ensure its commitment to excellence. To view full posting please click here.
- Essex Golf & Country Club
- Job Summary
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and grow professionally at one of the most renowned private golf facilities in Canada. The candidate will be assisting the Director of Golf in all aspects of the Golf Operation and maintaining exceptional customer service levels.
• Daily operations including: opening & closing procedures, ensuring the Pro Shop is always neat, clean and organized at all times. Managing the daily tee-sheet and operating the POS for all transactions.
• Providing excellent customer service to all members and guests. Offering professional advice and assistance, answering questions, solving problems and overseeing golf services.
• Assisting in the receipt, display, inventory, control, promotion and sales of merchandise in the golf shop.
• Assisting in the management and execution of all club leagues, events, tournaments and outings. Specific tournament duties would include: starting and scoring of groups, preparing post round results, draws and tee-times.
• Producing event and tournament information for internal and external promotions.
• Providing private golf instruction and assisting with the club’s junior golf programs.
• A keen desire to deliver outstanding customer service
• Ability to take initiative and solve problems effectively
• Be extremely organized, with experience in managing events, leagues and retail.
• Have an engaging personality with good work habits.
• Ability to learn and develop skill sets.
• Ability to assist with club’s Junior Program and lesson programs.
• Proficient in Word and Excel software
• Experience with JONAS POS, GGGolf Reservation Software is an asset.
- Salary of $625 -$725 per week (negotiated based on experience).
- Lessons: 100% lesson revenue.
- Hours/Wages: 38-44 hours per week.
- Contract Term: Start Date – February 10th 2021 – Nov 14th 2021. (Winter hours with Indoor Golf Academy Performance Center)
- PGA of Canada Dues,
- Tournament Allowance,
To be negotiated based on experience of candidate.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Contact Information
Interested candidates are welcome to forward their cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.