Assistant Professional: Ladies' Golf Club of Toronto, Thornhill, ON
Founded in 1924 by Ada Mackenzie, Ladies’ is poised to celebrate its 100th anniversary next season. The club has recently made numerous improvements including a new halfway house (opened 2023), a recently enhanced driving range (2022), several new tee decks, and greens (2022) and plans are underway for an extensive bunker redesign (spring 2024) as well as a substantial renovation of the iconic clubhouse (est. completion 2025). The golf course itself is a Stanley Thompson gem comprised of 20 holes, including both 9 and 18-hole routings with six tee decks to choose from. Host of the 2021, 2022, and 2023 PGA of Ontario Women’s Championships, the 2018 & 2019 DCM PGA of Canada Women’s Championship as well as several provincial championships, the course has tested many of the game’s best golfers. Practice facilities include a recently renovated range, short game area, putting green, warm-up nets, and an active winter academy with a Trackman studio.
- Ladies' Golf Club of Toronto, Thornhill, ON
- Job Summary
As Ladies’ Golf Club of Toronto enters its 100th season, our team is growing! We are looking for an energetic, passionate, and motivated Assistant Golf Professional who is eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the ongoing success of our Golf Operations Team. Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the Assistant Professional will be expected to play a key role in the day-to-day operations.
Please click here for PDF job description.
- Daily planning and execution of day-to-day operations.
- Club fitting and basic repair such as regripping.
- Conducting and overseeing weekly draws/leagues.
- Assisting with member tournaments and outside charity/corporate events.
- Supervision of golf operations department (Back Shop).
- Sales, merchandising and general contributions to the retail operation.
- Member of the PGA of Canada in good standing preferred.
- PGM student or graduate of a PGM program is preferred.
- Friendly, courteous, and outgoing demeanour.
- Clear, honest, and professional style of communication.
- Organized and able to quickly adapt to fast-paced work environments.
- Experience with Jonas POS & Tee Sheet Software, Golf Genius Software and TrackMan is beneficial.
- $800-$900 per week, commensurate with experience.
- 5-day work week with flexible scheduling.
- 100% of private lesson revenue.
- Annual bonus potential.
- PGA of Canada dues paid.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Staff meal plan.
- Clothing, equipment, and food & beverage discounts.
- Sales incentives and bonuses (separate from the annual club bonus)
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- March 15, 2024 – November 15th, 2024
- Contact Information
Interested candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and resume in either .PDF or .DOC format to Head Golf Professional, Jaime Steedman (she/her) firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day January 7th, 2024.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ladies’ Golf Club of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.