Associate/Assistant Professional: Carrying Place Golf & Country Club- King, ON
Are you looking for your next opportunity in the golf industry?
Carrying Place Golf & Country Club is in search of the services of an Associate/Assistant Golf Professional for the 2023 season and beyond.
Do you like 5-day work weeks, a proshop that closes at 7:30pm daily and 100% of teaching revenue? If so, then this opportunity may be right for you!
Carrying Place provides an extraordinary opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast paced environment focused on its membership. This magnificent golf course has acquired a reputation for an elevated level of experience and expertise in golf management. The successful candidate will have the ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a relaxed membership, a senior management team dedicated to interdepartmental success and flexible scheduling in season.
Carrying Place continues to see incredible investments being made in our facility and its 18-hole golf course.
While the club has seen increased use of our two HD Golf Simulators through the winter months, the addition of an outdoor driving range in 2022 and the addition of an extensive practice facility in 2023 will allow for heightened member satisfaction and year-round teaching opportunities. We strive to provide incredible customer service and course conditions for our five hundred members, to not only meet their needs, but ensure an outstanding golf experience.
- Carrying Place Golf & C.C. - King, ON
- Job Summary
Assist Director of Operations with all activities relating to the management and execution of the Carrying Place golf operations; including, but not limited to daily play, member events, outside staff service, golf shop, new practice facilities, instructional programs, external tournament play and maintenance of golf equipment (carts, etc.).
This position will truly provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to design a role based on experience and future career aspirations.
Possible areas of responsibility may include:
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of member and guest play
• Assist in the coordination and execution of all member events (including weekly men's & ladies’ days)
• Participate in the coordination and execution of external tournaments
• Monitor outside golf operations staff
• Control and manages daily play
• Promote and provide private instruction
• Participate in selling, and merchandising of golf shop merchandise (clothing, accessories, equipment)
• An opportunity to create and develop golf instruction programming
• Participation in industry events (buying shows, networking events, golf events etc.)
• The ideal candidate will aspire to be a Head Professional/General Manager
• Other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations
• PGA of Canada member in good standing
• Teaching experience an asset
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Committed to working in a team environment
• Effective communication skills, committed to future growth within the golf industry and the club
• Must have an ability to multitask
• Experience with POS, tournament software and tee time booking systems is an asset
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• 100% of lesson revenue (Significant opportunity for motivated individual ($15,000 - $20,000))
• Year-round employment
• 5-day work week
• Staff meal program
• PGA of Canada dues
• Staff playing package
• Clothing allowance
• Opportunity for vertical growth within the club
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
This role will commence in January 2023 or on a mutually agreeable date.
- Contact Information
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Scott Page, Director of Operations at email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.