Head Golf Professional
Located in Aurora, Ontario, Beacon Hall Golf Club has been ranked among the top golf courses in Canada since it opened in 1988. The club is currently seeking a Head Golf Professional whose qualifications, demeanour, and commitment are consistent with the club’s mission statement: “To deliver a premier standard of excellence across all features of our Membership Experience.”
- Beacon Hall Golf Club, Aurora, Ontario
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Facebook Page
Facebook: Beacon Hall Facebook Page
Twitter: Beacon Hall Twitter Page
- Job Summary
An integral member of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the General Manager, the Head Professional will lead and manage our Golf Operation. The successful candidate will be personable and professional and passionate about the development and mentoring of staff. A strong business acumen, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills and a commitment to the game of golf and to outstanding service are essential.
Please click here to view the full job description.
- Effectively lead the Golf Operation, including the ‘Club owned’ golf shop.
- Enthusiastically promote the game of golf and excellence in every member and guest interaction.
- Efficiently direct and organize all golf activities, including member events/tournaments, practice facility oversight, golf course access, back shop, and cart operations.
- Lead a strong team of golf professionals, golf shop staff, and back shop team members, manage and mentor these individuals to enhance their growth and performance.
- Effectively manage the golf shop inventory, implement, and adhere to best practices in ordering, receiving, controls, and merchandising.
- Responsibly administer the financial activities of the golf operation, from budgeting to revenue generation, operating expenses, and reporting.
- Work cohesively with the Beacon Hall Management team to ensure our overall operational objectives are met.
- Hold the senior staff position on the Golf Committee, providing input and guidance as appropriate.
- Annually participate in external events and conferences to enhance and continually develop skills.
- Serve as an ambassador in the golf industry and the local community.
- Be a Class “A” PGA of Canada professional and Association member in good standing.
- Visionary leadership skills, ability to garner respect and represent the Club with pride in support of our image and traditions.
- Ability to tactfully enforce and manage the golf guidelines of the Club.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving skills with the vision to elevate the Beacon Hall Member Experience.
- Beacon Hall offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with the experience and quality of the successful candidate
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Professional Dues Paid and Professional Development Opportunities
- Equipment and Clothing Allowance
- Meal Program
- Contact Information
Interested individuals are invited to email their detailed resume and credentials in strict confidence to:
Joe Coleman, General Manager, email@example.com by October 31, 2020.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. All applications and responses will be held in strict confidence. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.