Apprentice Professional of the Year
The PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professional of the Year Award is the highest honour the Association can bestow on a working Apprentice Professional whose total contributions to the game best exemplify the PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professional. This award embraces a wide range of services executed by the club professional.
APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership
- Well-regarded as a role model to other PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professionals
- Apprentice Professional working in a proshop at a golf course
- Must be an Apprentice Professional at the start of the year
APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Overall performance as an Apprentice Professional.
- Professional Development, learning and ambition.
- Service to the Zone and the Association.
- Leadership ability.
- Image and ability to inspire fellow Golf Professionals.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on the nominee’s entire past experience.
- Achievements during the past three years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria.
3. Eligible Categories
- All Apprentice Professionals in good standing excluding PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario Zone staff.
- In order to win a National Award, the individual member must successfully complete a criminal record check with BackCheck. After successfully completing the check, the cost will be reimbursed to the member.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020