Club Professional of the Year
The PGA of Ontario Club Professional of the Year Award is one of the highest honours the Association can bestow on a working club professional whose total contributions to the game best exemplify the complete PGA of Ontario Professional. This award embraces a wide range of services executed by the club professional.
CLUB PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership.
- Demonstration of outstanding management.
- Maintain a substantial record of service to the Association and the game of golf.
- Well-regarded as a role model to other PGA of Ontario Golf Professionals.
CLUB PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Overall performance as a Club Professional.
- Service to the Zone and the Association.
- Leadership ability.
- Image and ability to inspire fellow Club Professionals.
- Promotion and growth of the game of golf.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on a nominee’s entire past experience as a Club Professional.
- Achievements during the past five years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria.
3. Eligible Categories
- All Class “A” Head Professional’s in good standing excluding the following: Past Presidents of the PGA of Canada (within the past 5 years), current PGA of Ontario Board of Directors, PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario staff.
- Should you win the Ontario Zone Award, you will be required to successfully complete a criminal record check with Sterling BackCheck at www.sterlingbackcheck.ca/PGA-of-Canada. After successfully completing the criminal record check, the cost will be reimbursed to the winner of the National Award by the PGA of Canada.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020