Coach of the Year
The Coach of the Year Award is designed to recognize a PGA of Ontario Professional who is an outstanding coach among the ranks of the PGA of Ontario membership. This award is based on a professional’s overall performance in coaching; unusual, innovative and special coaching programs initiated or implemented; articles published; as well as outstanding golfers the professional has coached.
COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Recognized as an outstanding coach among the ranks of the PGA of Ontario membership.
- Initiation and/or implementation of unusual, innovative and/or special coaching programs.
- Publication of articles, books, magazines, etc.
COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Nominees must be certified within Golf’s National Coach Certification Program Competition stream (Coach of New Competitors, Coach of Developing Competitors).
- Overall performance in coaching at their facility, Zone and National levels.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on a nominee's entire past experience.
- Achievements during the past five years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria.
3. Eligible Categories
- All Class “A” Members in good standing excluding the following: Life Professional, Retired Professional, Past Presidents of the PGA of Canada (within the past 5 years), current PGA of Ontario Board of Directors, PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario staff.
- In order to win a National Award, the individual member must successfully complete a criminal record check with BackCheck. After successfully completing the check, the cost will be reimbursed to the member.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020