Junior Leader of the Year
The PGA of Ontario Junior Golf Leader Award recognizes the PGA of Ontario Professional who is a leader in junior golf and who reflects the ideals of those who work with youth.
JUNIOR LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Demonstration of involvement in the promotion and development of junior golf at the club level.
- Support of National junior golf programs.
- Proven interest, concern and ability to provide opportunities and experience for juniors to learn and play golf.
- Recognized as someone of outstanding character.
JUNIOR LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Involvement in the promotion and development of junior golf at the club level and within the community.
- Support of PGA of Canada Junior Golf Programs including Future Links and the National Golf in Schools programs
- Nominees must be certified in either instruction or coaching contexts of the PGA of Canada National Coach Certification Program as well as those engaged in learning and certification through other bodies in the industry
- Overall image, service and leadership in the junior golf arena.
- Overall integrity as an individual.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on a candidate’s entire past experience and commitment for continuing one’s contributions and assistance.
- Achievements during the past five years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria.
3. Eligible Categories
- All Class “A” Members and Apprentice Professionals in good standing excluding the following: Life Professional, Retired Professional, Past Presidents of the PGA of Canada (within the past 5 years), current PGA of Ontario Board of Directors, PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario staff.
- In order to win a National Award, the individual member must successfully complete a criminal record check with BackCheck. After successfully completing the check, the cost will be reimbursed to the member.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020