Professional Development Award
The PGA of Ontario Professional Development Award recognizes the PGA of Ontario Professional who is the model of life-long learning and continuing professional development. This award is designed to give special recognition to an individual PGA Professional for outstanding and continuing contributions to professional development and continuing education.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership.
- Maintain a substantial record of service to the Association and the game of golf.
- Well-regarded as a role model in professional development and continuous education for fellow PGA of Ontario Golf Professionals.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD CRITERIA:
1. Criteria to Measure
- Contributions to National PGA of Canada education programs
- Contributions to Zone education programs and seminars
- Contributions and development of programs related to and benefiting education.
- Contributions to building the image of both the PGA of Ontario Golf Professional and the Association.
2. Selection Process
- Nomination should be based on a nominee’s entire past experience and commitment for continuing one’s contributions and assistance.
- Achievements during the past five years should be emphasized.
- PGA of Ontario Awards Committee will select a recipient based on the criteria
3. Eligible Categories
- All Class “A” Members in good standing excluding the following: Life Professional, Retired Professional, Past Presidents of the PGA of Canada (within the past 5 years), current PGA of Canada Board of Directors, PGA of Canada National staff and PGA of Ontario staff.
- In order to win a National Award, the individual member must successfully complete a criminal record check with BackCheck. After successfully completing the check, the cost will be reimbursed to the member.
- Deadline to nominate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit completed awards package: September 1, 2020