Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Assistants' Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Flamborough Hills Golf Club
- Start Date
- August 6, 2019
- End Date
- August 7, 2019
- Registration Deadline
- July 30, 2019
- # Registered
- 48 / 144
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professionals, Class ‘A’ Professionals and Teaching Professionals in good standing. (NOT HP, HT, Master or Executive)
The championship field for 2019 will be comprised of 144 players. The field will be exactly 144. Should the entries exceed that number at the entry deadline; the exemption formula in the 2019 Tournament Rules & Conditions will be applied.
EXEMPTION FORMULA (for each specific event)
- Past Champions
- Host Professional
- Association President
- Association Captain
- Players making the cut in previous year
- Top 5 CFM Player of the Year Standings (previous year)
- Top 10 CFM Player of the Year Standing (current year)
- Top 40 Player of the Year Standing (previous year)
- Top 60 Player of the Year Standings (current year)
- Top 10 Senior Players from the Senior Player of the Year Standing (previous year)
- Top 10 Senior Players from the Senior Player of the Year Standing (current year)
- Up to 5 Captain’s picks******
******Captain’s picks may be granted, on written request only, and are intended to exempt such members as previous Player of the Year winners, transfers from the PGA of Canada zones who have a successful tournament record.
PRIZE MONEY – TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $282.50 ($250.00 + $32.50 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Tuesday, July 30, 2019, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 Round 1 - Tee Times 8:00 am
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 Round 2 - Tee Times - Crossover 7:30 am
A tie for the Championship will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
- The use of caddies is not compulsory
- Pull carts including those motorized are permitted.
- Caddies must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code, a copy of which is available on the championship website.
- Caddies must wear flat-soled shoes. Violation of this condition may result in DISQUALIFICATION of the competitor.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Registration is closed.