Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Match Play Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Beacon Hall Golf Club
- September 23, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- June 8, 2021
- # Registered
- 41 / 64
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
The championship field for 2021 will be comprised of 64 players.
The Match Play draw will be determined from the 2020 Breenie Cup Standings.
The deadline dates for the match are as follows:
- Round of 64 – July 9th
- Round of 32 – August 3rd
- Round of 16 – August 20th
- Round of 8 – September 10th
The semi-final and finals will take place at Beacon Hall Golf Club on Thursday, September 23, 2021.
- Matches not played by the deadline date will result in a coin flip to determine which player advances.
- The player with the lower seed (higher number) will be responsible for making the initial contact to set up the match.
- All matches will be played until a winner is declared.
- The winner of the match is responsible for reporting the match result and where it was played to Stacey Hewett or Kristine Schmidt
- Seeing as it may be challenging to book tee times as a guest, we suggest that members play their matches at their respective host facilities.
- Strict adherence to COVID-19 health and safety protocols is mandatory. Please follow club protocols diligently and respectfully.
- Should any of the PGA of Ontario tournament rules and conditions contradict any of the safety protocols of the host facility, you MUST defer to the host facility's protocols.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $299.45 ($265.00 + $34.45 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, June 6, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Thursday, September 23, 2021 Semi-Finals 8:00 am
Thursday, September 23, 2021 Finals 1:00 pm
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
Registration is closed.