Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Nobleton Lakes Golf Club
August 10, 2020 7:00:00 AMAugust 11, 2020 7:30:00 AM
- Registration Deadline
- August 4, 2020
- # Registered
- 71 / 81
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing. Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Tuesday, August 4th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at email@example.com to be put on a wait list.
The 2020 Ontario Zone Championship field will be comprised of a maximum of 81 players, inclusive of one exemption spot for the defending champion. There will be no cut to Round two. Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
PRIZE MONEY – TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account through the official online application www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $395.50 ($350.00 + $45.50 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Monday, August 4, 2020, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
Monday, August 10, 2020 Round 1 -Woods/View Rotation - 7:00 a.m. - Straight tee times
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 Round 2 - Woods/View Rotation - 7:30 a.m. - Straight tee times
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
After 4:00 p.m. - PGA Rate is $25.00 HST included. (cart included) any time before will be our regular posted rate.
On Saturday, Aug 8th, and 9th between 2-4 pm for practice rounds first come first serve basis - $25.00 HST included.
Please email Jon Mozes - firstname.lastname@example.org or Stefan Kerr email@example.com to book your practice round.
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
WHEN ARRIVING AT NOBLETON LAKES
- Players will be allowed to arrive no earlier than sixty (60) minutes prior to their tee time in order to adequately warm-up.
- The driving range will be open and a range attendant will be available to hand out balls for limited touchpoints.
- No bag drop services at this time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances
- Masks are required to enter the Clubhouse
- Limited access to our Clubhouse will be available (Patio is now open)
- Nobleton Lakes will have staff authorize you and your group to approach the clubhouse to begin their 4-step safety protocol
- Nobleton Lakes will have 4 key stations for golfers to safely get onto the course
- #1 Parking lot
- #2 Power Cart Staging area/Golf shop
- #3 Driving Range/Putting Green
- #4 1st Tee Deck TBA on day of
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance. Players will be sent in advance by electronic means a scorecard, pin sheet and rules sheet for the PGA of Ontario Championship that MUST be printed off for use at the tournament. None will be provided onsite.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules. Carts will be available - $20.00 all-in per cart (single rider carts will be issued)
- Golf Carts will be available for single riders only
- Carts will be immediately sanitized after being stationed
- Players will be responsible for cleaning garbage out of their cart at the end of their round
- After the round carts will have access to the parking lot and then be guided by our staff to the cart sanitary station.
- Access to clubhouse will be through our main clubhouse doors only
- Washrooms will be open (upstairs only) limited stalls will be available, Cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Food can be accessed from the outdoor patio only.
GOLF SHOP SERVICES & PURCHASES
- Our Golf Shop will be open to purchase essential golf equipment and apparel
- Maximum of 4 people will be permitted in our shop plus our staff at one time
- Our golf shop staff will direct you when it is safe and acceptable to enter the golf shop
- Tap only for debit and credit (we will not be accepting cash at this time)
Washrooms will be open (upstairs only) limited stalls will be available, Cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes.
Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
A tie for the Championship will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty. The host hotel information is available on the championship fact sheet.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Registration is closed.