Schedule of Events
- Head Pro Assistant Pro Team Series
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Cutten Fields
- June 28, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- June 20, 2021
- # Registered
- 84 / 100
Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Sunday, June 20th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a wait list.
- Open to PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
- The team must consist of Executive Professional/ Head Professional / Head Teaching Professional and one of his/her employed Class A Professionals/Teaching Professional or Apprentice Professionals. They must be from the same facility. Maximum two teams per facility.
The championship field for 2021 will be comprised of a maximum of 50 teams of two.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $254.25 ($225.00 + $29.25 HST) per player *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All players must register individually.
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, June 20, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Monday, June 28, 2021 Crossover start 10:00 am
There will be no sudden victory playoff should there be a tie for the Head Pro/Assistant Pro Championship. All tied teams will be announced as Head Pro/Assistant Pro Champions and the purse will be split among tied teams.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the Tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- Carts are included. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- If you are sharing a cart face masks are required.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
HOST CLUB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Carts will be shared by the HP/AP team
- Carts will be immediately sanitized after being stationed
- Players will be responsible for cleaning garbage out of their cart at the end of their round
- Carts cannot enter to parking lot. Carts will be dropped off in the circle and carts will be taken down by staff for cleaning
- Clubhouse washrooms and on course washrooms will be open
- Please use the patio entrance to access inside washrooms.
- On course are singular buildings on #3/#6 and #14
Clubhouse Access Information
- Masks are required when entering any indoor facilities on the property
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances
- Please use the patio entrance for clubhouse access
Golf Shop Services/Purchases
- The Proshop is open
- Please done a mask and sanitize when entering while maintaining social distance from other shoppers
- All payment methods are accepted
Food and Beverage Access Information
- Food and beverage services can be accessed on the patio or inside if restrictions allow
- All methods are accepted
- Please keep your mark on until you are seated
- The Halfway house will have a water station and bottled water is available
COVID-19 Protocols are subject to change. Players will be notified of any changes prior to the PGA of Ontario Head Pro/Assistant Pro Team Series.
Registration is closed.