Schedule of Events
- Pro Junior Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Wooden Sticks Golf Club
- July 6, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- June 27, 2021
- # Registered
- 34 / 50
Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Sunday, June 27th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a wait list.
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing and one junior guest/
- A team is to consist of one (1) PGA of Ontario member and one (1) Junior, 18 years of age and under by the tournament date. Professional and junior do not have to be from the same facility.
The championship field for 2021 will be comprised of a maximum of 50 teams of two.
- Please note: There is no professional purse as this day is about treating your junior.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members and Junior guests $282.50 ($250.00 + $32.50 HST) per team *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- PGA of Ontario Professional must register and pay for the team and provide the Juniors name in the comments field.
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Professionals, please add your Junior's name as the team name
Tuesday, July 6, 2021 9:00 a.m. - Tee Times
There will be no sudden victory playoff should there be a tie for the Pro Junior Championship. All tied teams will be announced as Co-Champions.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
- Masks are required to enter the Clubhouse
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance. Players will be sent in advance by electronic means a scorecard, pin sheet and rules sheet for the PGA of Ontario Championship that MUST be printed off for use at the tournament. None will be provided onsite.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- Carts are included. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- If you are sharing a cart face masks are required.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
HOST CLUB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Wooden Sticks Arrival instructions
We ask all players to practice social distancing when exiting their vehicles anywhere near the clubhouse and first tee.
- Players are advised to arrive at the club no more than 30 minutes prior to teeing off. Players arriving earlier then 30 minutes will be asked to stay in their cars in the parking lot until 30 minutes prior to their time. All Players must check with Golf Services prior to exiting their vehicles.
- Upon check in, you will be asked to place your bag on a designated golf cart (if you need assistance, please advise staff). Once the bag is secure, staff will sanitize your cart while you park your car. Golfers arriving together will be assumed to be from the same family or residence and will be placed on a shared golf cart with no dividers.
- Players arriving in separate vehicles will receive carts with vinyl dividers separating driver and passenger. Those that wish to take their own individual cart, if available, will be allowed to do so for a $10 (+HST) Single Rider supplement. The single rider in a threesome will NOT be subjected to this surcharge, nor will they be provided with a cart outfitted with a divider.
Four Staging Areas
There are four separate staging areas before teeing off:
- Stage 1: (30 minutes before teeing off) – Check in at the front desk and purchase pro shop items.
- Stage 2 & 3: (20 minutes before teeing off) - Use of the practice facilities (range, putting, chipping).
- Stage 4: (First Tee) – When instructed players will be directed to the first tee to start play.
- Please practice social distancing at all times, especially on tees and greens
- Avoid handshakes and high fives
- Do not touch flagsticks for any reason
- Do not assist other players with their golf clubs or any other golf equipment
- When using the on-course washroom, please sanitize before and after use
- If you need to use railings on stairways, we recommend using personal golf towels and rinse at the next wash station; railings will be sanitized hourly by course staff.
- At the conclusion of the round, return golf carts to Golf Services. They will instruct you on how to remove your clubs and proceed to your cars. Carts are not allowed in the parking lot.
Pace of Play
- Wooden Sticks is pace rated for 4 hrs and 40 minutes. It is the responsibility of all players to play within the allotted pace. Players falling out of position will be placed back in position after receiving one warning. If you have any questions, please ask the starter before play.
Upon Completion of play
- If you have pre-purchased pro shop items or takeout dinner, please inform the Golf Services staff and they will contact the pro shop or F&B to deliver your items to the pick-up area outside the front door.
Food and Beverage
Due to limited indoor dining space, we cannot guarantee dining space prior to play.
- All Golfers will have reserved seating post round by tee time
- Golfers wishing to dine before play must make a reservation in advance by calling the clubhouse -905-852-4379 ext. 125. It is recommended to reserve at least 1 hour or more before play.
COVID-19 Protocols are subject to change. Players will be notified of any changes prior to the PGA of Ontario Pro/Junior Championship.
Registration is closed.