Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Barrie Country Club
- Start Date
- July 12, 2021
- End Date
- July 13, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- July 4, 2021
- # Registered
- 90 / 144
Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Sunday, July 4th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a wait list.
The 2021 Ontario Zone Championship field will be exactly 144 with a cut to the low 60 plus ties on Round 2, inclusive of one exemption spot for the defending champion. Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
PRIZE MONEY – TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $395.50 ($350.00 + $45.50 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, July 4, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Monday, July 12, 2021 7:30 a.m. Straight tee times
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 8:00 a.m. Split Tee
A tie for the Championship will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty. The host hotel information is available on the championship fact sheet.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package. In addition, all golf shirts must be tucked in and hats pointed forward.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
- Masks are required to enter the Clubhouse
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- • Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Face coverings must be worn in the clubhouse at all times
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- $25 per rider
- If you are sharing a cart face masks are required.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
HOST CLUB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Single or shared. If Shared, golfers must wear masks while riding on open air carts
- Carts will be immediately sanitized after being stationed
- Players will be responsible for cleaning garbage out of their cart at the end of their round
- After the round carts will have access to the parking lot and then be guided by our staff and signage to the cart sanitary station
- Washrooms in the clubhouse will most likely be open as well as Fairway Place (after #4 and 13)
- Clubhouse can be accessed through all access points
Clubhouse Access Information
- Masks are required when entering any indoor facilities on the property
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances
- Clubhouse can be accessed through all access points
Golf Shop Services/Purchases
- Proshop is open and patrons can visit in restricted numbers as per the government protocols
- Credit/Debit Only – NO CASH
Food and Beverage Access Information
- Players can order food and/or beverage before and/or after play
- Credit/Debit Only – NO CASH
- Please remain masked until seated
- Water Stations on course - TBD
COVID-19 Protocols are subject to change. Players will be notified of any changes prior to the PGA of Ontario Zone Championship.
Registration is closed.