Schedule of Events
- GOLFTEC Ontario Zone Assistants' Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Flamborough Hills Golf & C.C.
- Start Date
- August 16, 2021
- End Date
- August 17, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- August 11, 2021
- # Registered
- 45 / 69
Open to all PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professionals, Class ‘A’ Professionals and Teaching Professionals in good standing. (NOT HP, HT, Master or Executive).
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Sunday, August 8th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at email@example.com to be put on a wait list.
The 2021 Championship field will be comprised of a maximum of 69 players, inclusive of one exemption spot for the defending champion. Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
PRIZE MONEY – TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $310.75 ($275.00 + $35.75 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, August 8, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Monday, August 16, 2021 7:00 a.m. - Straight tee times
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 7:00 a.m. - Straight tee times
The GOLFTEC Assistants’ Championship will play the Lakes/Hills rotation.
A tie for the Championship will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty. The host hotel information is available on the championship fact sheet.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package. In addition, all golf shirts must be tucked in and hats pointed forward.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
- Masks are required to enter the Clubhouse
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- • Face coverings must be worn in the clubhouse at all times
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- 18 hole shared cart- $17.70 + tax ($20 taxes included)/person
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
HOST CLUB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- We have dividers and they can be shared – please abide by all cart rules
- We Carts will be sanitized thoroughly and immediately after being stationed
- Players will be responsible for cleaning garbage out of their cart at the end of their round
- Players can drop their clubs and belongings off at their cars and then proceed to bring their carts back to the drop-off area (in front of the pro shop)
- Washrooms at the front of the building will be available for use
- As of right now, the clubhouse is closed for use until further notice, patio usage is available for F&B service. Washrooms are located at the front of the building and players can you use the main entrance to enter the golf course.
Clubhouse Access Information
- Masks are required when entering any indoor facilities on the property and when entering any on-course washroom
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances
- Clubhouse is closed until further notice other than for washroom access
Golf Shop Services/Purchases
- The Proshop is open
- We allow 1 person in at a time for check-in purposes unless shopping for merchandise
- Credit/Debit only – NO CASH
- Physical distancing and hand sanitizing mandatory
Food and Beverage Access Information
- F&B available starting at 10am and will be available post play
- Credit/Debit / NO CASH
- Please remain masked until seated
COVID-19 Protocols are subject to change. Players will be notified of any changes prior to the PGA of Ontario Assistants' Championship.
Registration is closed.