Schedule of Events
- Fall Scramble Team Series
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Deer Creek Golf Club
October 4, 2021 8:00:00 AM
- Registration Deadline
- September 15, 2021
- # Registered
- 107 / 108
SOLD OUT - please email Stacey Hewett to be added to the wait list - firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Sunday, September 26th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at email@example.com to be put on a wait list.
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
- Each team will consist of three PGA of Ontario Members.
The championship field for 2021 will be comprised of a maximum of 36 teams of three.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $254.25 ($225.00 + $29.25 HST) per player *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All players must register individually.
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, September 26, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Monday, October 4, 2021 8:30 am Split Tee
There will be no sudden victory playoff should there be a tie for the Fall Scramble Team Series. All tied teams will be announced as Fall Scramble Team Series Champions and purse will be split amongst tied teams.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorize golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
- Masks are required to enter the Clubhouse
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG!
- A mechanism to safely retrieve golf balls from holes without touching flagsticks has been installed. All golfers are asked to refrain from touching the flagsticks.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time, while maintaining physical distance.
- No exchange of scorecards between players before or after their round; final score verification will take place verbally
- A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest to them.
- You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our team for verification.
- Please sign your own scorecard on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score
- Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer.
- Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified.
- Scoring will be final once you have submitted your scorecard.
- Final results will be available online
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- Carts are included. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- If you are sharing a cart face masks are required.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
HOST CLUB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Carts will be immediately sanitized after being stationed
- Players will be responsible for cleaning garbage out of their cart at the end of their round
- After the round carts will have access to the parking lot and then be guided by our staff to the cart sanitary station.
- Washrooms are available in the main Clubhouse, however masks must be worn at all times.
- On course Washrooms will be open and sanitized regularly.
Clubhouse Access Information
- Mandatory non-medical masks or face coverings are required in the Pro Shop. As masks will not be provided, guests are expected to bring their own mask or face covering.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances
Golf Shop Services/Purchases
- The Pro Shop is designed to ensure social distancing measures.
- No more than 6 people IN THE PRO SHOP at any given time. The Pro Shop is mapped to ensure our guests safety. Direction arrows are marked on the floor to ensure social distancing practices.
- The Pro Shop door on the West side of the building will be marked Entrance Only. The Pro shop Door on the EAST side of the building will be marked Exit only.
- All payments must be made online, or with debit/credit in the pro shop. No cash!
Food and Beverage Access Information
- All tables are spaced as per Government of Ontario guidelines and they cannot be moved, pushed together or additional chairs added.
- All guests must remain seated during their visit. No congregating or table hopping. Servers will bring all food and beverage to you (ordering from the bar is off limits)
- Maximum table sizes of 4 people. Tables will be assigned for a maximum of one hour unless indicated by staff.
- Masks are to be worn inside the restaurant until your food and beverage has arrived at your table. When getting up from your table (to use the washroom or exit) a mask needs to be worn.
- Credit and debit only, cash will not be accepted.
COVID-19 Protocols are subject to change. Players will be notified of any changes prior to the PGA of Ontario Fall Scramble Team Series.
Registration is closed.