Schedule of Events
- Muskoka Chapter Four-Ball Match Play
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Maple Downs Golf Club
- Start Date
- September 21, 2021
- End Date
- September 22, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- June 8, 2021
- # Registered
- 12 / 32
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
- Teams must consist of 2 Professional’s from the same Chapter - please see the Chapter Map
Out-of-zone members are not eligible to play in this event.
- This is a Team Gross Best Ball Match Play Tournament.
- The team with the lower seed (higher number) will be responsible for making the initial contact to set up the match.
- Teams are encouraged to mutually decide where to play their matches. If the two teams cannot decide where to play, the top team picks 3 courses and the bottom team picks one of the 3 courses to play.
- Both teams must agree upon which tee markers to play. Failing an agreement, matches must be played from a minimum of 6500 yards. Women and Seniors 60+ may play from a minimum of 6100 yards.
- Players are responsible for the cost of their green fees.
- Matches not played by the deadline date will result in a coin flip to determine which team advances.
- A Team may substitute one (1) player for one (1) match ONLY. The substitute player must be from the same Chapter and not already registered in the Four-Ball Match Play. After the one (1) match substitution the original player must return. Should the original player not be able to return, the Team must continue with the remaining (single) player. Should any player be required to withdraw and be replaced due to injury or other, they are required to seek approval from Tournament Committee.
- All matches will be played until a winner is declared.
- The winning team of the match is responsible for reporting the match result and where it was played to Stacey Hewett or Kristine Schmidt
All eight (8) Chapters will be comprised of a maximum of 16 two-man teams for a maximum of 256 players total.
Matches not played by the deadline date will result in a coin flip to determine which team advances
The deadline dates for the match are as follows:
- Round 1 – July 5th
- Round 2 – July 27th
- Round 3 – August 9th
- Round 4 – August 23rd
- Quarter-Finals – September 7th
The semi-final and finals will take place at Maple Downs Golf Club on Tuesday, September 21 and Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
- Seeing as it may be challenging to book tee times as a guest, we suggest that members play their matches at their respective host facilities.
- Strict adherence to COVID-19 health and safety protocols is mandatory. Please follow club protocols diligently and respectfully.
- Should any of the PGA of Ontario tournament rules and conditions contradict any of the safety protocols of the host facility, you MUST defer to the host facility's protocols.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $169.50 ($150.00 + $19.50 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All players must register individually.
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, June 6, 2021, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Ontario is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $25 service charge.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 Semi-Finals AM Tee Times
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 Finals AM Tee Times
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
1. Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
2. Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
3. Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell,
- You have traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- You have a new or worsening cough or fever,
- You have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Caddies are not permitted at this time.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
- Should a weather event take place that requires golfers to evacuate the golf course, please return to your personal vehicles immediately following a suspension of play in an effort to prohibit large gatherings.
Registration is closed.