Schedule of Events
- Ontario Zone Assistants' Championship
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Grand Niagara Golf Club
August 14, 2023 12:00:00 PMAugust 15, 2023 8:00:00 AM
- Registration Deadline
- August 7, 2023
- # Registered
- 6 / 60
Open to all PGA of Ontario Apprentice Professionals, Class “A” Professional, Class “A” Assistant Golf Coach, Class “A” Sales Representative, Class “A” Club Fitting Specialist, Class “A” Associate Professional, Class “A” Assistant Professional, Class “A” Teaching Professional in good standing.
Priority will be given to PGA of Ontario members until Monday, August 7th, at which point if there are spots remaining, they will be awarded to out-of-zone members residing in Ontario on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are an out-of-zone player interested in competing, please contact Kristine Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a wait list.
The 2023 Championship field will be comprised of a maximum of 60 players, inclusive of one exemption spot for the defending champion. Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $339.00 ($300.00 + $39.00 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Monday, August 7, 2023, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
EARLY BIRDIE INCENTIVE - Closes Monday, July 31st at 9:00am
|PGA of Ontario Assistants' Zone Championship||$300.00 + HST|
REGULAR ENTRY FEE - Closes Monday, August 7th at midnight
|PGA of Ontario Assistants' Zone Championship||$350.00 + HST|
No refund will be provided after the tournament/event tee sheet has been released to the players and/or posted on the PGA of Ontario website.
Refunds will only be provided if:
- You are forced to withdraw from a tournament/event for medical reasons. A refund will be issued once the PGA of Ontario office receives a doctor’s note.
- The cancelling player/team finds an eligible* PGA of Ontario member/team to take their place.
- NOTE: It is the cancelling player's/team’s responsibility to find an eligible PGA of Ontario member/team to replace them and notify the PGA of Ontario office no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
- The cancelling player’s/team’s refund will be processed once the replacement has paid their entry fee in full.
*See eligibility criteria on tournament/event entry form
If the cancelling player’s spot is NOT filled 24 hours prior to the event’s start time, a refund will not be issued.
|Monday, August 14, 2023||12:00 pm Straight tee times|
|Tuesday, August 15, 2023||8:00 am Straight tee times|
The Championship tie will be decided by a “sudden victory” playoff immediately following the conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position.
- Caddies are welcome.
- Spectators are welcome. Spectators MUST walk.
CHECK-IN WITH TOURNAMENT CONVENOR
Players are asked to check-in at the 1st tee no less than 5 minutes prior to their tee time
CARTS AND ON-COURSE EQUIPMENT
- A two-cart per-group rule is in effect.
- Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
- Players can purchase carts in the shop for $22.00 plus tax per rider.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Food and beverage will not be offered as part of the event
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
Competitors may walk or make arrangements with the host club for use of a motorized golf cart. Players must adhere to the host facility cart rules.
The PGA of Ontario assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. The PGA of Ontario advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty. The host hotel information is available on the championship fact sheet.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package. In addition, all golf shirts must be tucked in and hats pointed forward.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Ontario Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
Stroke Play Event Alcohol Policy
- The consumption of alcohol before or during any PGA of Ontario stroke play event or Playing Ability Test is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy is considered conduct unbecoming of a Member of the PGA of Ontario, and swift penalty will be issued by the Tournament Captain and PGA of Ontario office.
Team Event Alcohol Policy
- The PGA of Ontario will allow the purchase of alcohol from the host facility during team events only. This policy will be reviewed following each event and if any issues arise (including, but not limited to, professional conduct, alcohol abuse, or liability), this policy will be revoked immediately. Penalties will be issued based on any Professional violating Liquor Laws, our Tournament Policy and/or the PGA Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Sport Policy.
- The PGA of Ontario will abide by each facility's drug policy.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Registration is only available to PGA of Canada members.
Are you already a member? Sign in, or did you forget your password?