Schedule of Events
- Chapter Four-ball WEST (GTA West, Tri-City & Niagara Chapters)
- Ontario Zone Tournaments
- Maple Downs Golf Club
- September 28, 2023
- Registration Deadline
- April 30, 2023
- # Registered
- 34 / 32
- Open to all PGA of Ontario Members in good standing.
- Teams must consist of 2 Professional’s from the same/combined Chapters (GTA West, Tri-City & Niagara Chapters) - please see the Chapter Map
Out-of-zone members are not eligible to play in this event.
- This is a Team Gross Best Ball Match Play Tournament.
- The team with the lower seed (higher number) will be responsible for making the initial contact to set up the match.
- Teams are encouraged to mutually decide where to play their matches. If the two teams cannot decide where to play, the top team picks 3 courses and the bottom team picks one of the 3 courses to play.
- Both teams must agree upon which tee markers to play. Failing an agreement, matches must be played from a minimum of 6500 yards. Women and Seniors 60+ may play from a minimum of 6100 yards.
- Players are responsible for the cost of their green fees.
- Matches not played by the deadline date will result in a coin flip to determine which team advances.
- A Team may substitute one (1) player for one (1) match ONLY. The substitute player must be from the same Chapter and not already registered in the Four-Ball Match Play. After the one (1) match substitution the original player must return. Should the original player not be able to return, the Team must continue with the remaining (single) player. Should any player be required to withdraw (with supporting documentation i.e., a doctor's note) and be replaced due to injury or other, they are required to seek approval from the Tournament Committee.
- All matches will be played until a winner is declared.
- The winning team of the match is responsible for reporting the match result and where it was played to Stacey Hewett or Kristine Schmidt
All 4 combined Chapters will be comprised of a maximum of 16 two-man teams for a maximum of 128 players total.
- Matches not played by the deadline date will result in a coin flip to determine which team advances
- Deadline dates will be determined when the brackets are set.
- The semi-final and finals will take place at Maple Downs Golf Club on Thursday, September 28, 2023.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
- All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofontario.com.
- The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
- PGA of Ontario Members $169.50 ($150.00 + $19.50 HST) *(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865660)*
- All players must register individually.
- All applications must be received by the PGA of Ontario, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON L6C 1N9 prior to Sunday, April 30, 2023, at 23:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
- Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
- THE PGA OF ONTARIO ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING CARDS: VISA, VISA DEBIT, MASTERCARD
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||Semi-Finals||AM Tee Times|
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||Finals||PM Tee Times|
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
- Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Ontario Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
- Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
- Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Ontario events. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Ontario Dress Code which is also available in the competitor registration package. In addition, all golf shirts must be tucked in and hats pointed forward.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
Stroke Play Event Alcohol Policy
- The consumption of alcohol before or during any PGA of Ontario stroke play event or Playing Ability Test is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy is considered conduct unbecoming of a Member of the PGA of Ontario, and swift penalty will be issued by the Tournament Captain and PGA of Ontario office.
Team Event Alcohol Policy
- The PGA of Ontario will allow the purchase of alcohol from the host facility during team events only. This policy will be reviewed following each event and if any issues arise (including, but not limited to, professional conduct, alcohol abuse, or liability), this policy will be revoked immediately. Penalties will be issued based on any Professional violating Liquor Laws, our Tournament Policy and/or the PGA Code of Professional Conduct and Safe Sport Policy.
- The PGA of Ontario will abide by each facility's drug policy.
The PGA of Ontario has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Registration is closed.